All Set for Saturdays Big Wrestling Tournament
January 25, 2013
I'm all set and ready for tomorrow's District Wrestling tournament. I've charged my batteries, dust my lens (thank god, can't remember last time I did that). This would be my second time shooting wrestling, the first one was last year, first week of December 2012. It was an amazing experience. First I thought that it wasn't going to be as exciting as basketball, or football, I really thought it was going to be a slow game. But it's not, it is actually pretty intense and full of action.
Like most sports, a fast shutter speed is the key to stopping the action. And to do this I rely on my canon gear, here's what's in my bag for tomorrows tournament.
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM ;
- Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 SP
- Canon Speedlite 580EX Flash
- CF and SD Cards
- Extra batteries for cameras and flash
- Lowepro Flipside 400 AW Backpack
- Think Tank Pro Speed Belt V2.0
- Think Tank Skin 50 V2.0 Belt Pouch
- Think Tank Lens Drop Belt Pouch
For tomorrows tournament, I will mostly the Canon 7d with the EF 70-200mm F/2.8 and the Canon 60d With EF 85mm F/1.8, I will also test my new Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G3 Micro Four-Thirds with the Panasonic 45-200mm f/4.0-5.6 Lumix G Vario to see how it will perform.
Here are some photos from the last wrestling match that I shot: