Yesterday I got my Olympus PEN E-PL1 and boy, I can't wait to try it. I only got the body and plan to use it with my current EF Lenses and FD Lenses. Here it is sporting a Canon EF 50mm F/1.4 USM. Using it was a big difference compare to DSLR, first off the menu and navigation of the E-PL1 is somewhat confusing, second, I'm missing the viewfinder, (maybe I need to get one) and third, since I'm using a EF to Micro 4/3 lens adapter to use the 50mm, autofocus isn't possible and my aperture cannot be adjusted. But despite it's limitation, I can say that I like the quality of images and it is really fun to use.
Here are some sample photos. All of these were shot in raw and no enhancement was done. Exported to jpg from Lightroom 4.
Why I choose the E-PLS?
I wanted a small camera that is easy to carry but will still give me good image quality, 2nd is the cost, the E-PL1 has significantly decrease, I only got mine, refurb for only $129, and it looks brand new. ( I only bought the body. ) To use the E-PL1 with my current EF Lenses I bought a Canon EOS EF Lens to MFT Micro 4/3 Four Thirds Mount Adapter for only $18.xx, I also bought a FD to Micro 4/3 Lens adapter FD to Micro 4/3 Lens adapter so I can use a FD Lens with it.
A few things you have to remember when using your lenses with these adapters, you current Canon EF lenses, won't have autofocus, and the aperture cannot be adjusted at all. If you need to change the aperture you have to attached it back to a canon dslr in order to change the aperture.
Here are more photos of the Olympus E-PL1:
- Canon EF-S 10-22mm Ultra-Wide USM Lens Mini Review
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Review
- Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di-II VC Review
- Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC Review Update
- Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 Mini Review
- Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Review
- Canon EF 70-200mm F/4 L IS USM
- Canon EF 70-210mm F4 Macro Review
- Canon EF 70-210mm F4 Macro Review Update
- Canon EF 70-210mm F/4 Low Light
- Canon EF 400mm F/5.6 L USM Lens Review
- Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II Prime Lens Review
- Tamron AF 60mm f/2.0 SP Macro Lens Review
- Canon EF 85mm F/1.8 USM Prime Lens Review
- Tamron AF 180mm f/3.5 Di SP Macro Lens
- Raynox DCR-250 Macro Lens Adapter Review
- Pro Optic Budget Auto Extention Tube Set
- It Was Better than Last Time – My Favorite shots from my recent baseball game
- Favorite Shots from the March 4, 2013 Varsity Softball Game
- Favorite Shots from the March 4, 2013 Junior’s Softball Game
- First Baseball Match
- First Softball Match I Shot- Feb 27, 2013
- Finalizing My Sites Backend and Optimization With Amazon Web Services (Cloudfront)
- Sigma DN Lens Bundle w/Sigma 19mm EX & 30mm f/2.8 EX DN Lens
- Some Photos from the Wrestling Tounament I Covered last Saturday