Tomorrow I Will Shoot My First Football Match
September 6, 2012
Tomorrow is my first time to step into the world of sports photography. I'm excited and at the same time scared. But that's ok, there's a first time for everything and I really want to do this. I'm expecting that this will be quite different from any event photography that I've done in the past, this is a fast phase action sport that requires a photogaphers attention and knowing the game your shooting surely helps. We'll see tomorrow.
My gear bag is stuff and ready to go, I have two camera bodies and 4 lenses:
- Canon EOS 40D 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera
- Canon EOS 60D 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Body Only)
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
- Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 SP XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
- Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Super Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
As you can see I only have one F/2.8 lens in this line up, my longest lens, the 400mm is too slow and would not be suitable at night and my 70-200mm only has F/4 which may still work with a decent stadium lights, but I doubt it, I have to maintain a my shutter speed at 1/400 or 1/320 depending in the situation, on my 60d I can crank up ISO to 6400 but on my 40D it only goes up to a max of 3200 ISO, good thing it doesn't get dark until 7:30pm. I may still be able get some pretty descent shots before it gets dark. My plan is to use the Canon 60d and with the 70-200mm F/4L or the 400mm F/5.6L and just stick the tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 on the 40d.
Wish me luck. Hope I don't get thrown out the field on my first shoot. I'm crossing my fingers.