Macro Mondays : Shooting Macro with a Telephoto Lens.
November 1, 2010
Some have asks if a telephoto lens can be use in macro photography. The answer is certainly yes. The photo above was taken on a foggy summer morning using a Canon EF 70-200mm F/4 IS USM Lens. Although it’s not a real macro but a closeup, using a telephoto lens in these type of situations can really change the way we see things up-close.
Advantages of shooting close-up with a Telephoto Lens:
- You can photograph insects, bugs and the likes from afar without disturbing them.
- Telephoto lens can give you a flatter perspective.
- Will give you shallow depth of field allowing you to focus on your subjects.
- Gives you enough distance to allow ambient light or lighting on your subject.
- Will give the opportunity to see things in a different perspective.