Don’t Forget Your Tripod.
April 28, 2011
Yes, it’s absolutely a must to have a tripod and bring it with you if possible. Aside from a external flash, the tripod is the second most important camera accessory most photographers must have. Why? Below are some of the reason’s why a photographer must use a tripod:
- For stability. The no. 1 reason why we use a tripod is for stability, it gives our camera a stable mount, giving us the advantage of having sharp, crisp photos.
- Makes me slow down and think. A tripod will help us improve our creativity.
- It’s important when taking panoramic photos.
- It’s mandatory if working in low light.
- It’s a must for HDR Photography. (I forgot about this, thanks to Kristi Hines of photostry.com.
- In times where our lens image stabilization isn’t enough, our tripod is our greatest ally, it prevents camera shake that causes blurry images.
Here are some photos I took where I use a Tripod which would have been impossible if I didn’t use one
Affordable Tripod Recommendations:
This is the tripod that I have been using. The Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod, made of aluminum. I upgraded the ballhead and bought a Vanguard SBH Series ballhead.
- Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod and Ball HeadTripods)
- Vanguard SBH-250 Magnesium Ball Head with Sliding Quick ShoeTripod Heads)