How to Create A Layer Mask and Reveal the Layer Underneath
December 28, 2010
Short Steps to Create a Mask and reveal the layer underneath:
- Click on the top layer (the one you want to punch through)
- On the Menu, go to Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal All.
- Choose the brush tool (or hit B).
- On top, you need to adjust:
- The Brush – Click that dropdown and make the brush size 100. You will keep adjusting this size throughout, depending on what you want!
- The Opacity – I usually set it between 30% and 45%. %30 is a good starting, at 45% you’ll notice that you’ll reveal the image underneath with just a few strokes.
Here’s a short video tutorial on the Basics of Masking: