My 2011 New Years Photo Resolutions
December 23, 2010
Last year, my photo resolution was to take a new photo each day and post it here on my website, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to complete it. This year I made a new list of photo resolutions here they are:
- Go back to basics. Sometimes it’s a good idea to look back and learn the basics, (Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO, the exposure Triangle, lights, flash etc.)
- Shoot More – This year, time permits, I will take a lot of photos, practice makes perfect.
- Make and Post a new photograph each day. I created a new category on my site for My 2011 Daily Photos, it’s right here.
- Take more photos on the streets and take more photos of people.
- Learn A New Style of Photogrpahy
- Create more HDR – High Dynamic Range Photos
- Make more photos with artificial lighting. I need to utilize my speedlites and do more off camera flash stuff.
- One of my week points is on composition, I need to practice on that.
- Continue and finish the District Project.
- I need to take a camera every time, everywhere. I use to always bring a camera with me all the time but lately, I’ve been really a slacker. Next time I’ll bring a camera anywhere I go, even a point and shoot will do.
- Get Organized – I need to go through my Lightroom Catalog and review all my photos. Removed the ones I don’t need and check for duplicates, I know I have a lot of those.
- Improve on my Lightroom and Photoshop skills.
- Learn to use new tools like Nik’s Softwares, OnOne Software’s Perfect Photo Suite, and a lot more.
- I won’t think about new gear too much.
- I will blog more, share more, share anything I know and anything that I will learn about photography.
Let’s make 2011 a great year for photographers. Do you have any New Year’s Photo Resolutions for 2011? Care to share? Just post a comment below.