Before, I don’t pay much attention to the previews in lightroom, after importing my photos, I’m done and I will just deal with it later. But as my Lightroom Catalog grows, I noticed that when I click on a thumbnail, the preview takes time to load. I’ve learned that by calling up a pre-created preview will save me a good amount of time.
It’s easy to create or render a 1:1 Preview of each of your photos and I suggest you do it every time you import photos to your catalog. Your import may take longer than usual, but believe me, you are saving yourself a lot of time, once your previews are rendered after the import, you will notice a performance improvement in your workflow.
Here’s how to render a 1:1 preview on import:
- On the upper right hand side of your Lightroom 3 Import Dialog Box, you’ll see the section File Handling and directly under it is the Render Previews (see Photo 1 above).
- This section will tell lightroom how it will handle previews right after the import process.
- Choose 1:1(see Photo 1 above), and start to import your photos.
- You should see a progress bar on the upper left corner of your screen and right after the copy and import, you should see the Rendering Preview progress bar like in the photo below (Photo 2).
Adobe Lightroom Reference Books :
- Canon EF-S 10-22mm Ultra-Wide USM Lens Mini Review
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Review
- Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di-II VC Review
- Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC Review Update
- Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 Mini Review
- Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Review
- Canon EF 70-200mm F/4 L IS USM
- Canon EF 70-210mm F4 Macro Review
- Canon EF 70-210mm F4 Macro Review Update
- Canon EF 70-210mm F/4 Low Light
- Canon EF 400mm F/5.6 L USM Lens Review
- Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II Prime Lens Review
- Tamron AF 60mm f/2.0 SP Macro Lens Review
- Canon EF 85mm F/1.8 USM Prime Lens Review
- Tamron AF 180mm f/3.5 Di SP Macro Lens
- Raynox DCR-250 Macro Lens Adapter Review
- Pro Optic Budget Auto Extention Tube Set
- It Was Better than Last Time – My Favorite shots from my recent baseball game
- Favorite Shots from the March 4, 2013 Varsity Softball Game
- Favorite Shots from the March 4, 2013 Junior’s Softball Game
- First Baseball Match
- First Softball Match I Shot- Feb 27, 2013
- Finalizing My Sites Backend and Optimization With Amazon Web Services (Cloudfront)
- Sigma DN Lens Bundle w/Sigma 19mm EX & 30mm f/2.8 EX DN Lens
- Some Photos from the Wrestling Tounament I Covered last Saturday