Red Rock Outdoor Gear Rover Sling Pack As Camera Bag For Mirrorless System
October 25, 2014
When I bought my first mirrorless camera 2 years ago, my search for the right bag for my compact system camera started. At first it was ok, I only have 1 body, the E-PL1 and two lenses the Canon FD 50mm F/1.8 and the Panasonic 14mm F/2.5 pancake, it was manageable. For a long time I’ve been using the Think tank Skin 50 to carry these gear, which works really well, but as time went by I’ve accumulated some more lenses and added two more mft camera bodies.
Currently I have the OMD EM5 with Panasonic 20mm F/1.7, EPL3 with Panasonic 14mm Pancake, Oly 45mm F/1.8, Sigma 60mm F/2.8 Dn, Rokinon 7.5 Fisheye For MFT and the Panasonic 100-300mm Zoom a 7inch Tablet or a Netbook that I carry with me everyday. I have a Tenba messenger bag which I really love, and this is my favorite bag for my mirrorless so far, but since it was design for DSLR, it’s kinda big, so I’m looking for a slightly smaller bag that can fit not all, but most of my gear.
Then one day as I was browsing Amazon, I stumbled into this bag which they call an EDC Bag (Every Day Carry), I got curious and did a little research. The Red Rock Outdoor Gear Rover Sling Pack (ACU) is mostly a tactical bag, design specifically to carry ammunition, a pistol, it’s also got a magazine compartment, it’s made of 600 Denier Polyester with PVC Lining which makes it waterproof and what I love about it is that it is expandable, you can customize it and attach accessory pouches. I said to myself, WOW, this is probably the bag I’ve been looking for.
– Ambidextrous shoulder strap
– On the go style carry handle
– Snap closure concealed carry sleeve on back panel
– Two external pockets for quick-access items
– Large master compartment with internal velcro-closure sleeve
– Master compartment will fit iPad and other popular tablets
– Molle webbing on front and strap for adding pouches and gear
– Measures: 8″W x 5.5″D x 11.5″H
– Weight: 1.6 lbs.
Video Review Below:
It is a great bag, it’s made of high quality durable material and I can see that it will last a life time, this bag can take the beating, it’s comfortable to carry while walking and while riding my road bike even if I fill it with my camera gear. Another great feature I love about it is, it’s expandable, with plenty of accessory pouches from Red Rock Outdoor and other manufacturers, the possibility to expand this bag is endless. For an everyday carry bag, it’s great, for what I intend to use it for, at least for me, it’s ok. It is not a camera bag and it was not design to be a camera bag, it does not have dividers inside to separate the lenses and camera bodies. To protect my lenses I have to use lens pouches which you can get for a really cheap price from Amazon.
If you are looking for an Every Day Carry Bag, I can highly recommend this bag. For a camera bag, it will work depending on how you will use it, you will need to get an additional lens pouches to protect your lenses, I like it and I’m using it as a camera bag to carry my Mirrorless sytem everyday.
Please refer to the links below see the gear that were in this review.
- Red Rock Outdoor Gear Rover Sling Pack
- XCSOURCE® Black 4 pcs DSLR camera Drawstring Soft Neoprene Lens Pouch Bag Cover for Sony Canon Nikon Pentax Olympus Panasonic
- Lowepro Lens Case 9 x 13 cm (Black)
- OP/TECH USA Utility Strap – Sling for my OMD EM5
- OP/TECH USA 3401002 Compact Sling for Cameras (Black) for my EPL3
- THINK TANK SKIN 50 V2 Lens and Accessory Pouch
- Think Tank Pro Speed Belt V2.0, Padded Medium-Large Size Modulus Accessory Belt – Black