This ESDCFII: SD to Compact Flash Type II adapter works really good on my Canon EOS 7D. I have a lot of SDHC cards that I use for my Canon EOS 60D, and this adapter let me use some of them on the 7D which takes CF Type I and II . For $15, this adapter works as design.
- Converts SD memory cards into CF Type II card interface. Fits into CF type II Slot
- SD Card stores completely into the CF card adapter.
- Works w/ PDA, digital camera, printer etc. High-Speed CF interface w/ extreme performance
- SD 3.0 ready accept extFAT file system on Windows
- Support CF true IDE mode / memory mode/ IO mode
So far it works flawlessly on the camera and my sdhc cards I used a variety of brands, like the Transcend 16 GB SDHC Class 10, Lexar Professional 400x 16 GB SDHC UHS-I Card, AmazonBasics SDHC Class 10 16 GB and the older SanDisk 8GB SDHC Extreme III Class 6 Secure Digital Card. All these sdhc cards are 100% accessible on my Thinkpad L520 Laptop using the Transcend P8 15-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader TS-RDP8K (Black) and I can transfer files from the sdhc to my laptop and vice versa.
So far I have not encountered any problems. I'm using it everyday on the 7d together with my favorite sdhc, the fast Lexar Professional 400x 16 GB SDHC UHS-I Card to see if it can stand the test. For important work I would still rely on compact flash cards, but this SD to Compact Flash Type II adapter can come really handy as a backup. It is working as designed and I have not had any errors or issues with it while on the camera or on any of the file transfers I have done. Also I have not found any corrupted raw images. For now I can honestly say that it works flawlessly on the Canon EOS 7D. I have read reviews at Amazon that a lot of people have successfully used this on their Canon EOS 5D0 and Canon EOS 5D Mark II as well.
Where to buy?
- Canon EF-S 10-22mm Ultra-Wide USM Lens Mini Review
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Review
- Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di-II VC Review
- Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC Review Update
- Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 Mini Review
- Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Review
- Canon EF 70-200mm F/4 L IS USM
- Canon EF 70-210mm F4 Macro Review
- Canon EF 70-210mm F4 Macro Review Update
- Canon EF 70-210mm F/4 Low Light
- Canon EF 400mm F/5.6 L USM Lens Review
- Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II Prime Lens Review
- Tamron AF 60mm f/2.0 SP Macro Lens Review
- Canon EF 85mm F/1.8 USM Prime Lens Review
- Tamron AF 180mm f/3.5 Di SP Macro Lens
- Raynox DCR-250 Macro Lens Adapter Review
- Pro Optic Budget Auto Extention Tube Set
- It Was Better than Last Time – My Favorite shots from my recent baseball game
- Favorite Shots from the March 4, 2013 Varsity Softball Game
- Favorite Shots from the March 4, 2013 Junior’s Softball Game
- First Baseball Match
- First Softball Match I Shot- Feb 27, 2013
- Finalizing My Sites Backend and Optimization With Amazon Web Services (Cloudfront)
- Sigma DN Lens Bundle w/Sigma 19mm EX & 30mm f/2.8 EX DN Lens
- Some Photos from the Wrestling Tounament I Covered last Saturday