Why consider getting a battery grip for you DSLR?
September 10, 2010
Photo of a Canon Rebel XS with a Opteka Battery Grip, very similar to Canon’s BG-E5 which cost twice the price of this third party brand.
What is a Battery Grip?
A battery grip also frequently called the vertical battery grip is an accessory for most dslr. It’s main purpose is to provide extra battery life for your camera. With a battery grip you can use two batteries at the same time, giving you enough power to last shooting all day.
- Provides extra battery life
- adds a second shutter release when you want to shoot in vertical position
- adds better handling of your camera
- in some battery grip models, you can use AA batteries to power your dslr.
- makes you look cool
Shown here is a photo of a Canon Rebel XS with a Opteka Battery Grip, very similar to Canon’s BG-E5 which cost twice the price of this third party brand. Also attached to the camera is a EF 50mm F/1.8 Lens
- makes your camera looks big
- adds weight to your camera
- Battery Grip from your camera manufacturer is really expensive, compare to third party grips
You can buy battery grips from these reputable stores:
To be continued: