Finally, Magic Lantern on the 7D!!! Alpha Released
October 18, 2012
First Magic Lantern release for the 7D. Please note this is an ALPHA RELEASE, and just like always, proceed at your own risks, If anything goes wrong, Magic Lantern won't pay for repairs. Use Magic Lanter at your own risk!.
- It is still an early alpha version, so here are a few things you should know: it was primarily tested on one 7D, and a few days on three other 7D's;
- during those tests we took 1000 photos and gigabytes of videos;
- there were no crashes or strange behaviors during our tests;
- this release will not alter any data in your camera's permanent memory;
- this release will not directly alter any so-called "properties" (persistent camera settings);
- this means, some functions like HDR photos, HDR videos, bulb ramping etc will not work yet;
- it is not a firmware upgrade, despite the camera saying "Firmware update program";
- we have disabled all features that are not yet working perfectly;
- please don't beg for adding feature XYZ, it will be added as soon as it works without issues.
- Audio meters while recording
- Focus peaking Magic Zooom (via half-shutter, or focus ring)
- Cropmarks, Ghost image
- False color
- Histogram, Waveform
- Movie logging
- Movie auto stop
- Trap focus
- LiveView settings (brightness, contrast…)
- Level indicator
- Image review tweaks (quick zoom) and a lot more
- When using trap focus, opening card door won't shut down the camera. Simply power off using power switch.
- Formatting the card will also remove Magic Lantern files.
- You have to reload Magic Lantern every time you use it.
Read the complete Alpha Release info here and download this released.