Magic Lantern 2.3 is now Available for Download
August 21, 2012
The no. 1 third party firware developers for Canon EOS DSLRs, Magic Lantern, has release their latest firmware 2.3. Magic Lanter 2.3 works on Canon EOS 5D Mark II with canon firmware 2.1.2, Canon EOS 50D with canon firmware 1.0.9, Canon EOS 60D with Canon Firmware 1.1.1, Canon EOS 550D/REBEL T2i with Canon Firmware 1.0.9 and Canon EOS 600D/REBEL T3i with canon firmware 1.0.2.
Features on the 2.3 Firmware includes:
- Audio: disable AGC, audio meters, manual audio controls, selectable input source (internal,internal+external, external stereo, balanced), audio monitoring via A/V cable.
- Exposure helpers: zebras, false color, histogram, waveform, spotmeter, vectorscope.
- Focus tools: focus peaking, zoom while recording, trap focus, rack focus, follow focus,focus stacking.
- Movie helpers: Bitrate control, movie logging (Exif-like metadata), auto-restart after buffer overflow or 4 GB limit, HDR video, advanced FPS control.
- LiveView adjustments: contrast, saturation, display gain for using LiveView in darkness.
- Cropmark images: user-editable overlays to assist framing and composition.
- Fine control for ISO, Shutter, Kelvin white balance and other image settings.
- HDR Bracketing: advanced exposure bracketing, focus stacking.
- Remote release with LCD face sensor and audio trigger, without extra hardware.
- Timelapse: intervalometer (for photos and movies), bulb ramping (manual and automatic), recording at very low FPS (down to 0.2 FPS), silent pictures without shutter actuation.
- Astro- and night photography: bulb timer for very long exposures (up to 8h).
- Info displays: focus and DOF info, CMOS temperature, shutter count, clock.
- For strobists: flash exposure compensation, range up to -10 to +3 EV (depends on the camera).
- Power saving: Turn off display or reduce backlight in LiveView during idle times.
- Handy features: Quick zoom in PLAY mode, key shortcuts for commonly-used features,customizable menus.
Watch the Magic Lanter 2.3 Promotional video below:
Download The Magic Lantern 2.3 Here
Read more about the Magic Lanter Firmware here.