New Lenses for 2011 From Sigma, Tamron, Samyang and Tokina
January 7, 2011
Here are some new product releases for 2011 that will surely excite you.
- Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS APO HSM – Now with OS(Optical Stabilizer) and features advanced optics, functions and weather-resistant design throughout for use in harsh conditions. Designed for use with full frame digital SLR cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-c size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length to about 180 to 450mm with most cameras.
This lens is now available and can be purchase from Amazon and Adorama in your respective camera mount.
- Samyang 35 mm f/1.4 AS UMC lens – Samyang announced the price and availability of their latest 35 mm f/1,4 AS UMC lens: €389 (around $540) and it will start shipping in February 2011.
- Samyang AE 14mm 1:2.8 ED AS IF UMC lens featuring Nikon F mount . – Samyang Optics company announces that, according to prior announcements, new Samyang AE 14mm 1:2.8 ED AS IF UMC lens designed to work with Nikon reflex cameras is now available for sale. A wide-angle manual lens intended for Nikon DSLR cameras with FX and DX sensors. It comes with a microprocessor allowing for full control of exposure parameters, directly from the camera level.
- Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD – Defining compositional freedom the 18-270mm Di-II VC’s incredible 15x zoom range provides a 35mm picture angle equivalency of 28mm to 419mm, with image fidelity assured by advanced optical design featuring LD glass and aspherical optics, working in concert to render crisp, colorful and faithful images. Available at Amazon and Adorama .
- Tokina AT-X 16-28mm F/2.8 Pro FX – First in a new generation of full frame (FX) lenses designed for professional digital SLR cameras like the Canon EOS 5D Mark II and the Nikon D700 and D3x. The 16-28 zoom range gives the professional photographer a super-wide angle of view to get close to subject for dramatic effect or to take in entire scenes. Available at Amazon and Adorama.
- Tokina AT-X 124 AF PRO DX II 12-24mm F/4 – The new multi-coating helps reduce reflections that can cause flare and ghosting even more than in the AT-X 124 PRO DX. Available at Amazon and Adorama.
- Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro -A new version of Sigmas excellent 150mm Macro lens now with OS(optical stabilizer). This new design offers the latest optical technology. A floating focusing system moves two different lens groups in the optical path to different positions. This system compensates for astigmatic aberration and spherical aberration and provides extremely high optical performance from infinity to 1:1 Macro.
Three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements provide excellent correction of all types of aberrations and the Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting. This lens has superior peripheral brightness and provides sharp, high contrast images even at the maximum apertures. (Not yet available). Please check Amazon and Adorama for availability.
For Canon Lovers, they have Four New L Lenses for 2011. Check them out here.
Three More New Lenses From Sigma. Click Here.