My Favorite Shots from Yestersday JV Football Match Between Fleming Island / Ed White
September 21, 2012
Here are my favorite photos from last nights JV football match between Fleming Island and ED White High Schools. It wasn't a good night for me, first I was late and got there during the 2nd quarter, 2nd I had a rough time adjusting to using a prime, but on the good side, the images are great when I'm doing things right. The 2.8 really makes a diffence, The eF 200mm F/2.8L II Prime is lighter compare to the 70-200mm F/4L IS and therefore more comfortable to use for hours.
The game itself is ok, the home team, the Fleming Island Golden Eagles easily won againts ED White Commanders ending the game with a score of 26-6, the Golden Eagles didn't even break a sweat.
Overall, I was happy I was able to shoot the game. It was a great learning experience for me, I've learned a lot tonight, and I would have hated myself if I didn't come.
I'm shooting another game tonight, I'm hoping I'll do better this time.
- Canon EOS 40D 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera
- Canon EOS 60D 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Body Only)
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
- Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 SP XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
- Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Lowepro Toploader Pro 75 AW
- Lowepro S&F Lens Exchange 200 AW
- Please recheck your ID(s).
- If you are showing a private album, check that the "Retrieve Photos From" option is set to "User's Private Album" and that the Authorization Key is correct.
What I've learned tonight:
- I can't get all the plays, I kept on trying to get a shot at all the plays, which is impossible. It's ok to miss a play.
- It's good if you know some of the players this way, you can focus on them. Ask around.
- It's not easy to use a prime in action sports, like anything else in photography, practice, practice, practice, take time to learn your tools and you'll be rewarded.
- I got better images without using a speedlite.
- I need more practice.