To bring out the best of the drama that is happening around us, we need to be close, we need to be in the scene, and for us to do that we have to be involved. We have to shoot candidly in the open. In my street photography, I don’t use telephoto lens, I used to, but not anymore. I love to shoot from wide to medium telephoto, in the range of 28mm to 8omm(full framed format) or 17-50mm(crop format). I actually have three favorite street photography lens. The first two, I love the most.
- Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 VC – Great for low light, Versatile can go from wide to portrait at 50mm, sharp. Great for candid. Disadvantage, heavy
- Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 – Great for low light, great for creativity, slows you down a bit and makes you think of what you are doing, sharp, great for candids. Cons, none.
- Canon EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM – Not for indoors and lowlight, extremely versatile, covering around 48mm to 216mm on a crop sensor.
Of all these three, the first two are my favorite. Since I love to shoot close and be a part of the scene, these are the lenses I used the most on my Canon bodies.
- Canon EF-S 10-22mm Ultra-Wide USM Lens Mini Review
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Review
- Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di-II VC Review
- Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC Review Update
- Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 Mini Review
- Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Review
- Canon EF 70-200mm F/4 L IS USM
- Canon EF 70-210mm F4 Macro Review
- Canon EF 70-210mm F4 Macro Review Update
- Canon EF 70-210mm F/4 Low Light
- Canon EF 400mm F/5.6 L USM Lens Review
- Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II Prime Lens Review
- Tamron AF 60mm f/2.0 SP Macro Lens Review
- Canon EF 85mm F/1.8 USM Prime Lens Review
- Tamron AF 180mm f/3.5 Di SP Macro Lens
- Raynox DCR-250 Macro Lens Adapter Review
- Pro Optic Budget Auto Extention Tube Set
- It Was Better than Last Time – My Favorite shots from my recent baseball game
- Favorite Shots from the March 4, 2013 Varsity Softball Game
- Favorite Shots from the March 4, 2013 Junior’s Softball Game
- First Baseball Match
- First Softball Match I Shot- Feb 27, 2013
- Finalizing My Sites Backend and Optimization With Amazon Web Services (Cloudfront)
- Sigma DN Lens Bundle w/Sigma 19mm EX & 30mm f/2.8 EX DN Lens
- Some Photos from the Wrestling Tounament I Covered last Saturday